Tuesday, February 1, 2011

ROAD RACING IN THE RAIN

The first race in my CCCX Road Circuit Series went off this past Sunday, and the racing was quite epic due to some very heavy rains at times on race day.


As a promoter you never want to see rain for your cycling event.  But foul weather always seems to make for a memorable day at the races and produces great action on course.


The first race of the day ended after 2 laps for me with a front flat tire.  This was extremely disappointing! 
I made up for that let down with a 3rd place- podium finish in the always difficult 35+ 1/2/3 division later in the day.


I want to improve on these results...

Here is a video I made of my friend Logan Loader, a rider who I started dreaming of racing when he was 8 years old, and won the Pro division at my Circuit Race Sunday.


In a racing career as long as mine, I have seen many kids start cycling, then really get good and make a lifestyle out of racing.  Logan is one of those people and it is good to see him ride so well.