Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Riding & Cyclocross Racing

Cyclocross racing was one of the first types of cycling I wanted to compete in many years ago. I really enjoy the challenges Cross racing brings on. I would recommend to anyone who wants to improve as a cyclist to race Cross.........













I have been getting in some great night rides the past few weeks. The Tuesday night rides have always been one of my favorite workouts, and I really like riding with my helmet light on. The Tuesday night ride I do consists of multiple climbs in Pebble Beach and there is always a lot of action when riding up the climbs in the group. The Tuesday night ride group has very strong riders, because if you can not climb well you basically get dropped, so any rider who has doubts in their fitness basically shy's away from this ride.

Cyclocross racing is full on right now, with races every weekend. I am seriously trying to get in full on Cross mode physically and mentally. Cyclocross racing is one of my favorite types of racing. I will keep working hard to get more in sync with my Cross bike and more in tune with the interval type style Cross racing demands.