Monday, October 26, 2009

3 Race Weekend

Full speed railing into the sand section.....
Trying my best to drive it up the climb.....
I like riding in the sand and using some technical skills.....
Trying to make up time after I crashed on a tight turn in the DH race on Saturday....

It was the CCCX DH race on Saturday and then the Bay Area Super Prestige Cross race on Sunday. Interestingly I crashed both days! At the DH race I had a really good run going, and then came into a tight turn carrying way too much speed, and could not get through the tight turn so crashed. I just came in way too hot, off line, and had no room to make the corner. I still won my division after getting up fast and still finishing. Yet I think I could have contested for the days overall fastest time if I did not wipe out.

Then at the Cyclocross race near San Francisco, I was completely taken out from behind by a out of control rider. This really sucked because at the time I was moving up past riders in the field and was starting to get close to the leaders. Then all of a sudden I get side swiped from behind and was sent flipping into the air, then was tumbled over as the out of control rider crashed over me as I was on the ground.
If you are a racer and you take someone out from behind with no warning at all, please tell then you are sorry. tell them you are a idiot and a loser and apologise. This is the right thing to do after you cause the crash!
After I got up and dusted myself off I realized my knee took the worst of it. My race was over at that point and my knee was messed up and full of dirt and dripping blood.

I still wanted to race more!