Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Racing



















It was 2 very good races this past weekend for me. Saturday I came close to winning my division of the Sacramento Cyclocross Series. I made the winning breakaway during the race, and was doing all I could to get to the final lap and fight out the win. Yet I came off in a sand section with only 2 laps to go, and could not bridge back up to the 2 leaders I was with for the first 50 minutes of the 1 hour race. It was frustrating to be so close to having a crack at the race win. Yet it was a good sign my legs were coming around as I distanced many good riders during the race. I finished 2nd place on the day. Sunday was my own CCCX Series final race. I liked the course I set and even better was the fact it was windy, raining, and a stormy weather race. I felt really ready to go until during my warm up my back tightened up and then proceeded to lock up on me. Then on the first lap my back completely froze and I had big problems trying to just race with my back fully blown out. It was not great, and I could not straighten up my back as it was in a spasm state. I did the best I could to finish the race, and really surprised myself with how good I raced with my back 100% ruined. In the end I made top 5 in the CCCX Series, which was a goal I had set for this Cross season. It did leave me thinking...... what if?? Because I had good feelings in my legs and my power output felt strong. But my back ordeal ruined any chance of a good finish in the final race of the CCCX Series.