Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Keeping Busy



The Mt San Bruno Hill Climb race went well for the first 180 seconds. Then I blew up hard and suffered for the next 15 minutes. One day I hope to do well at that event. The Saturday morning ride went much better. I felt OK on the climb and pretty good along the ocean sections. I was not great on the climb, but not bad either. Starting at 7 a.m. is cold and not easy to get up out of my deep sleep. But you warm up quick when the riding gets going, and it is always a great workout. The CCCX DH race on Sunday was awesome. The new trail I built was kicking off great action for the DH racers. It seemed that every single DH racer liked my work. DH racers complain the most, and when I build a trail and get no complaints at all, that shows a quality course I put together.

I did 3 hours steady on the Road bike on Monday. I like doing my errands on my bike, saves gas and it is fun to ride around and get some saddle time in.

The Tuesday night ride went off on a beautiful night for riding. The Tuesday night rides are the hardest rides of all on the Monterey Peninsula. These rides are made for fast pace, attacks, and hitting climbs as hard as possible. That is why I like the night rides, because they are the hardest rides of all locally. This brings out the best in the riders who participate in these sessions. I have noticed that the strongest riders do these rides, and the ride just keeps making the strong even stronger.