Monday, November 2, 2009

Jacked

It is all about railing the corners for me.....
One tricky uphill section required power and finesse to navigate....
Hitting the hill in my Single Speed gear was a challenge time after time......

As I was jumping back on my bike on lap #1 of today's Cyclocross race I missed my seat with my leg completely. My leg then got reamed by my tire, but worse then that the tip of my seat post shot into my rib cage with the full force of my body weight falling on it. I felt like I cracked my ribs and I had the wind knocked out of me. I had to pull out of the race.

I regrouped and started to feel better after a while, so I signed up for the Single Speed race 2 hours later. I fought hard and even if my ribs were snapped I battled on to 3rd place in the super competitive Single Speed division. It was a hard day of racing but in the end I made the podium. My 792 podium of my career.