Friday, December 18, 2009

Still Trying




I have worked extra hard this week to rehabilitate my deep cut on my left knee. Constant changing of the first aid dressings, and constant antibiotic ointment to keep the cut from getting any infection. Also after leaving the leg immobile for the most part the first 2 days, I have really tried to stretch it and bend it as much as possible to keep the muscles flexible and not locked up. Tuesday I rode, but it felt like I was riding with one leg. However I did post some fast riding while in the group ride on Tuesday night even if it felt like I was pedaling with one leg at times. Then on Thursday I challenged myself to a big day in the saddle. 5 hours and some long, steady, hard intervals up one of the most brutal climbs in this region. I think it is best I keep trying to ride. I have good movement now in my leg and I can feel my power coming back as the deep cut becomes fully better. I will keep trying to improve. Also, I will keep getting proper rest because I know that it is so easy to ride too much which leads to over training. I will get rest, and then get my solid work outs in. And most of all have fun on my bicycle!