Wednesday, December 30, 2009

DH Course Set- Mt San Bruno Hillclimb- Saturday Morning Ride- CCCX DH Race



Today I set the lower part of the CCCX DH Race course in Toro Park. I must have done over 1000 sledge hammer hits to set the poles and attach course tape. I love the arm workout! The course I am using is one of my favorite race routes. It is going to be super sweet since there has been some rain, the dirt is perfect this time of year for getting grip and getting in a groove down the trails. The next day I will suffer hard up the Jan. 1st Mt. San Bruno Hill Climb race. No better way to bring in the new year then suffering hard up a hill climb course. Saturday I will most likely take part in the Saturday Morning ride. The 7 a.m. start is early for me, but I have not been on this ride for a long time, and I will not have another chance to do this ride for at least 1 month. Then Sunday will be the CCCX DH race at Toro Park. I am stoked to race the DH course I have worked so long and hard to build. I am using a new trail I created in the middle of the course and right now I think the conditions are just about perfect for racing in Toro Park.