Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Pushin The Pedals

It has been a steady diet of pedal pushing the past few days. The Santa Rosa Criterium was interesting, and I learned some very good lessons at this race. It was nice to find just a little form coming back into my legs at this event. I did not feel great, but at least I did not crumble from fatigue- like has been happening recently when I need to dig deep in races. Then I hosted the CCCX XC Series Final race. The series final event always has a little added pressure for the promoter, and it is usually a fun time out as well.

Monday it was 90 minutes of very easy riding.

Tuesday was some hard efforts at the Ft Ord practice race. I did feel good in the beginning of this workout, but after a few laps I felt bloated and cramped and lacking leg speed when it mattered most.

It was nice to ride knowing that I can now focus on the Road after finishing out promoting the XC Series for CCCX. I am hoping to & eager to ride often and race often in July, August, and September on the Road.