Friday, February 13, 2009

CCCX XC Race #1

One of my favorite sections of roads in Pebble Beach along the coast.....
I enjoy this climb at Patterson Pass in the Bay Area.....
Basso & Bettini lead the group up Hwy 1 in Monterey- only the Tour of California could close this road for cycling.....
One of my favorite rides over Bixby Bridge near Big Sur...

Yesterday I set the course for this Sunday's CCCX race #1. I am using some new trails for the races this year in FT Ord, and the riding is better then ever. I had to cut a lot of brush to open up the overgrown single track sections that have not been used for a few years. These "secret " single track trails are super fun to ride on. The racing on these trails will only make the routes better for all users, as the trails will be well groomed and safe for everyone. I am really eager to race this Sunday. Rain is in the forecast, and I prefer to race in demanding conditions. Brutal weather makes the race a true challenge of fitness and fortitude.