Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Trail Work & Race Course Set Up



It has been 2 days now of course set up and trail work. First it was the DH race course that will be going off on Sunday. The course is in such primo condition and I think this race route is way fun to race on. High speed sections, tight turns, switchbacks, and dirt that is really grippy and ready to shred. All aspects of downhill racing I like.

Then it was setting up the XC course for the race on Saturday. Personally I really like the route and I am ready to have a go! I know I need to be very patient during the race, and ride very strong up all the hills. The course has some great turning sections, but the route is very fast and there will be some very tight racing in the group. I want to stay at the front & remain patient during the first few laps, and try to do some serious attacking toward the end. That is the goal!

Both of these race courses I have put together really are awesome, and the local riders are lucky to be able to race on the great trails we have.

Also on Sunday the Nor-Cal MTB High School league will use my XC course for their series opener. They are expecting 300 High School kids to be racing the Mountain Bikes! That is very cool! And I am stoked to be able to put on the race for the High School league.

It will be a busy weekend with lots of MTB racing here in Monterey~