Thursday, July 30, 2009

State Criterium Championships

On the very front towing the group into a tricky corner....
Taking the hill on the front....
On my way to the podium and the Bronze medal at the State Championships...

This past Sunday I took part in the Masters State Criterium Championships held in Minden Nevada. This is the big race of the year for Masters riders, as the District title is on the line for the winners of each age group. I raced in the most stacked division, the 35+ group. It was full of Pro riders and super talented racers from area's all over Northern California and Nevada.

For this race I felt amazingly good. I am very thankful for this.......

In the end I worked my way onto the podium, claiming the Bronze medal~!! I was very stoked to get this finish. This race had the best of the best racers from Nor-Cal in the field. They only had awards to the top 3 and I battled my way on to the podium bringing home Bronze.

I had a chance for the win, yet I am happy and humble to just make the podium and be ranked as one of the best riders in all of Northern California.

Thank you to everyone and anyone who has believed in me as a racer and has offered me help and kindness!

I have much more racing left this season, and it was nice to reach a major goal of mine at one of the biggest target events I have for 2009.