Thursday, July 23, 2009

Laguna Seca Twilight Cycling


Yesterday was the 4th edition of Laguna Seca's Twilight Cycling event on the race track. They had a Criterium race on the same course used for the Sea Otter Classic Criterium.

I was able to claim 1st place in the Crit. race! This was extra nice as I was the overall winner at the previous event they had for Twilight Cycling, which was the full length of the raceway- the Circuit race. It was nice to claim back to back wins at the cycling program held at the raceway! The group was really fast, and I was still very sore from doing 3 races over the weekend. At my Tuesday night work out the day before, I felt really tired and my legs felt sluggish to say the least. But I came back well for the Wednesday Twilight race and felt my legs turning over much better then the day before. The three races I did over the past weekend were extremely fast and the groups were full of strong riders. Each race had over 50 riders in the field and I was able to make podium in those events. I know that the steady riding and hard efforts will pay off as my Road race season progresses. Now I need some rest!!