Thursday, July 2, 2009

This Weekend

I have been training very hard and getting ready for a string of Northern California Road events starting with the Davis Criterium this coming Saturday....
Lance Armstrong, seen here racing against me at Nevada City, has been training with a strong determination to race well in France during July, I think he will surprise many people with his results....
Armstrong destroyed the field at the Nevada City race and it was great to just have a chance to race with him. I pulled him around for as long as I could, which was not very long at all....

I set up the course today for my Downhill Series final race. The course really is amazing, and it is so fun to ride that I want to do it again and again and again. Yet today was a rest day basically, and all I did on the bike was coast down the DH course after setting up all the pins-poles-& course tape.

Tomorrow I will finish the final course set up, then get about 90 minutes of easy spinning in on the Road bike.

Saturday will be a very prestigious Criterium race here in Nor-Cal, The Davis Crit. I have directions from my coach on how he wants me to go at it, and it will be very exciting to compete. I very much hope to feel good when it matters most in the race.

Then Sunday will be the final race in the Spring/Summer CCCX DH Series. I really like the course and it will be fun to race DH at Toro Park.