Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Busy MTB Weekend

CCCX XC #2- not my best day on the bike......
Elevation and beautiful trails meet rider at Toro Park......
Ft Ord single track~ a dream for a person who likes to ride MTB's............
Sweet trails ready to ride in Toro Park..........

It was one of the most busy weekends of the year for racing MTB's in Monterey. On Saturday I promoted the CCCX XC Race #2 in Ft Ord. The turn out was great and the racing was fast and furious by all. The course was really good and tested everyone well. Personally I had a bad race, but gave it a go and tried hard. I am still recovering from my hard crash last weekend, and a root canal on my tooth on Monday. Then setting up 2 different courses during the week seemed to take a big toll on me physically and mentally. In the end I was not good racing the XC on Saturday! So now I am looking forward to my next race, now that one of my most busy weeks of promoting is over.

On Sunday I had the High School race going on in Ft Ord. The Nor-Cal High School league is a huge success and they had over 400 High School racers!

Also on Sunday was the CCCX DH Race #1 of the 2009 Series. I received good feedback about the course, and I had one of the biggest number of DH racers ever for a CCCX DH Rcae. Rain started to fall half way through the timed DH runs. This really changed the course for the riders who were forced to race in the rain. But those who did race in the rain clearly had more stories to tell about their time on course!~
Hopefully the DH Series will continue to grow!

This Sunday I will be racing in Folsom in the final race of the TBF Series. I really hope to be strong and race hard for this event~

Mountain Bike racing is definitely healthy in Northern California based on the busy past weekend that I just experienced.