Monday, November 30, 2009

CCCX DH

Power to the GT Dirt Coalition......
Ripping through some thick brush on my way to the Hardtail division race win.......
I always try to use aerodynamic form.....
Toro Park has sweet trails......

I went as hard as possible and gave everything I had at the CCCX DH race. I set a sweet course and did lots of trail work leading up to race day. I had a small slip up-slide out - in my Pro race run, but still managed a podium spot in this division. I then followed that up by hitting all my lines in the Single Speed, Hardtail, & Chainless races, which led me to claim the wins in those divisions. Winning 3 divisions in one day is awesome and I am always stoked to race some DH. My favorite win of the bunch is the Chainless division. Many years ago I had a very big win at the Colorado Fat Tire Festival in Crested Butte Colorado. I won the State Championship in the Chainless race. This event is a true classic and the race started at 11,000 feet and descended for 5 miles into the middle of the town in Crested Butte. It was 1993 and it was amazing to win a race in Colorado with over 80 riders trying for the State Championship. That was one of my favorite wins for sure, as the finish line was the Mountain Bike Hall Of Fame building in Crested Butte. Some of my favorite wins have been in mountainous states such as Wyoming, Nevada, Idaho, Utah, Montana, Oregon, and Washington, besides that great win at the Fat Tire Festival in Colorado.