Thursday, November 5, 2009

Riding.....

This was the view I had Tuesday night on my group ride. Monterey coast rides get the best views for sure, and if you mix in a sunset and a full moon rising, it truly is amazing........
I am very excited to race 2 Cross events this weekend, even if my ribs are jacked up......





My ribs were pretty sore after snapping them on Sunday in the Cross race. In the end it was a small crack, but the bruising along the nearby rib cage is severe. I really had trouble sleeping the first 2 nights, but now I am starting to make gains in recovery. I forced myself to ride the Tuesday night group get together. I try to make these workouts each week, even if I am hurt. Surprisingly I felt OK on the climbs and made some hard efforts on the climbs when the others seemed to be tapped out. I did feel I was lacking full strength and power, but it was a beautiful night for cycling with the full moon shining so bright over the Pacific ocean.

The Cyclocross course I am putting together for this Sunday's CCCX event is amazing. After much planning and preparation, it really does look to be one of the best race routes ever in Northern California for Cyclocross.