Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Training Session

Even with my broken ribs and riding in major pain I still enjoy Cyclocross fully.....
I know my strength will grow as my recovery from my injury progresses....
I have been really stoked with the courses I have put together for Cyclocross this season.....
I like dismounting over boards and running over boards at speed, and I also like hopping boards....
Jumping over obstacles when possible is such a coll sensation, and I recommend everyone try and develop some skills for hopping over obstacles in races.....
Here Don Myrah pulls me and Henry Kramer at the start of CCCX #4. The starts are super fast and I always have to hold back my speed at the start because I have the desire to go full on right away. This was Henry Kramer's final race he says as he has mentioned he is finished with racing. I was glad to be there at the front with him, but I do think he will be back racing one day....
One of my most favorite things about Cyclocross racing are the dismounts at speed and running with your bike.....
I like this photo because it shows the fastest Masters riders in the USA starting out at Toro Park near Monterey.....
At the top of the run-up at Toro Park I was in a world of pain.....

This week the Cyclocross race I am putting on will be at Manzanita Park. I really like that course and I will work to make the route extra good. My Tuesday night training session is on each week now. I enjoy night riding very much. Most of all I want to climb hills on Tuesday night and do as much steady tempo riding combined with hard accelerations as possible.