Monday, June 8, 2009

CCCX DH WIN


Sunday was the CCCX DH #6 race. I built a new trail for this race and it turned out to be really rad!

It was super technical, and became extra hard as the day went on. The trail became completely blown out in some sections. A few of the bad sections were right along a cliff edge, and a rider either had to break check and crawl along the cliff edge, or go too fast and slide down the ravine into thick bush.

The riders really liked my trail creation! I built multiple jumps, tricky switchbacks, and gnarly drop-in's to test riders skill.

I was very stoked to win the Single Speed division! The trail was very tricky to race on and that is how I like it, and this made my win extra sweet....

Now I have to go back to the new trail and do a few hours of maintenance to re-build the sections that became ruined from hundreds of racers~