Monday, June 29, 2009

CCCX Series Final

I very much tried to stay as focused as possible during the 26 mile race, and work as hard as possible on every section of the course.....
On the hills I really tried to dig extra deep and push the pace as fast as possible without completely blowing up.....
It was a beautiful day for a race with a picture perfect blue sky backdrop for photos. In the end I rolled into the finish area 3rd place in a very strong group of 35+ Expert racers.....
The CCCX Series final top 5 35+ Experts.....
Race day top 4 35+ Expert riders, that is Don Myrah U.S.A. National Champion and U.S.A. Olympic MTB rider in 2nd place on the podium one spot ahead of me.....

I really enjoyed the CCCX XC Series final that went off this past Sunday. I put together a fun course that was only a 4 mile loop, so riders were faced with multiple laps on a very fast and twisting circuit. My legs felt pretty good considering I did a very hard Criterium race the day before in 95 degree weather. I figured my legs would be sluggish, however I noticed right away my legs turned over well. I was in the 3 rider break that formed on the first lap, and finished 3rd from that group. There were some strong racers charging up from behind trying to chase me down, but I kept focused on the trail and never missed a line on my way to 3rd overall in the 35+ Expert group for the day. This finish qualified me for 3rd overall in the CCCX Series as well. I was a little disappointed as I was the 35+ Expert CCCX Series winner the previous year. Yet I felt good because I found some good form for the final races of the year and never stopped trying for the race wins. It seemed everyone had fun at my race series and I work hard to try to put on fun races on fun courses, so in this respect it was mission accomplished for the CCCX Series.