Monday, June 15, 2009

CCCX XC #9

It was a perfect day for a MTB race....
I did not feel excellent during the race, but I kept on fighting and trying, and in the end I finished 3rd in my division. I really suffered on laps 1&2 of the 5 lap race. My legs felt much better on the final 2 laps, so I am glad to have not got too frustrated in the beginning....
Having fun.....
The start of the Pro/Expert group.....

I put together a really sweet XC course for this weekends CCCX event. The route had a very good flow to hit and the hills were not overly steep, but there was ample climbing to really separate the fields. There was also some open section of trail where wind was a factor. The head wind on some of the trails kept the racing tight and there was lots of action played out among small groups. This made for some really good epic battles among some of the divisions, and many of the races came down to a sprint finish for placing. There was also lots of flowing single track I used for the course. I have spent much time maintaining these trails, and doing hours and hours of tree and bush cutting to keep the over-growth back and the trails fast and rider friendly. It is my pleasure to do a bunch of work so all the riders can race hard and have fun!