Thursday, August 6, 2009

Goal Reached

Another podium result next to the best riders in Northern California~ I have made podium finish after podium finish this year. It really has been amazing, and these top 5 finishes have enabled me to reach a major goal I set for myself at the beginning of the race season....
This race season I set a goal that was way high. It was one of those goals you dream about, but maybe is unrealistic and too high to attain. It was a goal so high that to climb that mountain and reach that goal could be too demanding and difficult.

Well, I did reach this goal. It has been amazing to get to this point where I actually reached a place I wanted to work for, and actually made it even if it seemed like to big a task.

At the start of the race season one of my goals was to achieve over 100 BAR Ranking points for the NCNCA cycling region. Each year only a handful of riders get over 100 ranking points in the Best All Around Rider(BAR) ranking system. Only the true greats of Nor-Cal Road Racing can get 100 points by the end of the season. The races are too difficult and the competition too stiff to earn so many points. Only the best of the best get over 100 BAR points.

So I set a goal of making over 100 BAR points. I knew it would take great finish after great finish, in race after race, to get over 100 BAR points.

Amazingly that has been it for me. I have made so many good finishes that it really has been a amazing ride. I have made so many podiums and so many high finishes, that now I have 107 BAR points total.

Reaching this goal will only make me work harder!

Master 35+ 1/2/3 Points
1. Christopher Phipps- Team Spine/Specialized - 218
2. Alex Holtz- EMC 2/Felt Bicycles - 120
3. Kevin Metcalfe - Team Specialized - 120
4. Dean LaBerge- Team Specialized - 118
5. Chris Wire- SJBC/SugarCRM - 114
6. Keith DeFiebre- NorCal Elite Cycling - 107
7. William Innes - Team Specialized - 96
8. Dan Martin - Safeway/Bicycles Plus- 94
9. Judd Van Sickle - Rocknasium- 92
10. Michael Sayers - Amgen/Giant Masters - 91

There are over 200 riders who are ranked in this division, and I am so thankful for reaching the goal I set to be one of the few who reach 100 BAR points.