Thursday, August 27, 2009

Riding

I have been working very hard on my riding....



Monday I had some good rest and worked on recovery from a hard weekend of racing.

Then Tuesday night my legs felt really good. I had the good sensations and on the final lap of the Circuit race I did some huge pulls to bring back 2 riders who were basically gone. I did a strong flyer up the first hill on course, then drove the pace along the false flat section. Then on the last set of rollers on course I simply pulled the whole way. A few riders were hanging on, but I was determined to sell out and pull back the break-away riders. Once I pulled the final rider back I just continued to drive the pace to the finish trying to set up my team mate for the sprint. It was nice to be able to drive the pace up the hills on the final lap and have my legs turning over well when the roads tilted upward.

Then on Wednesday I did a very hard hill repeat workout. This workout is crazy hard, but it is what I need to go through to get to how I want to ride. I followed the hill repeats with some sprints along the coast.

This weekend is a very demanding Circuit race in Vacaville and I will try my best to be a protagonist in that race.