Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Today's Ride

The photo above is one of my regular riding routes on Tuesday night. This bike path gets me into Ft Ord where the Circuit race workout takes place. Click on the photo to enlarge it, and you can see basically the same view I have on most of my rides on this trail....



Below you can see the scenic road I like to ride thru Pebble Beach. In this area the roads are super well maintained and there is not too much automobile traffic off of the main tourist roads. It really is a cycling paradise.....

Many of my rides take place along this coastal road where land meets sea to produce stellar vistas....

It was 3 hours 30 minutes on the Road bike today. The Tuesday Circuit practice race had some very fast moments in it. At times the speed gets really going and if your not on your game you will be dropped. I like these work outs, and I am happy to have created this Circuit race workout. Each time the Circuit race delivers action. And it seems there is always surprises and different outcomes week to week. A few weeks in a row I have won back to back times. But it is a rare occasion when the same story plays out on the road. Also this workout race really helps the riders who take part. I can see the riders who continually make the session advance as cyclists, and this is one of the reasons I wanted to host a Circuit race practice session on Tuesday nights. I like to help others get strong on the bike. And if others are strong on the bike, this enables me to continue to develop my strength as well. I need to be pushed to develop my game. I could do intervals solo, and that is great at times. But if your not reacting to other riders attacks and tactics in a race like environment, you will be lacking that sharpness when it comes to the real thing.