Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Santa Cruz Road Race


Each year I want to have a good ride at the Santa Cruz Road Race. Fellow GT Dirt Coalition Team rider Dean Meyer has dominated the Pro division of this race in years past. Meyer also serves as my coach and advisor in matters of the bicycle, so I want to show him a good result in this race each year. It is a extremely hard race with a climb you must hit again and again and again. This year things did not work out. It was a great workout and it was also good to get worked over and suffer. Many people do not race because they do not like to get dropped or suffer. Me, I am always ready to put it on the line and have a fight for it. Sometimes I win, other times I get dropped, but whats most important is I am going out there and having at it. Each day I ride helps me improve, even if it is a bad time on the bike. You need the bad times on bike to get to the great times on the bike!