Sunday, August 9, 2009

Saturday Ride

This is one of the spots along my bike ride that kick out tremendous views again and again......

It was the Saturday morning group ride for me this weekend. It was super misty and very foggy along the coast, but the temperature was mild and the day was excellent for riding. Inland it was as sunny as it can be, but along the coastline it was pea-soup type of fog.

I felt solid during the ride, and was first to the top of the climb. The climb separated the riders, and in the end it came down to me and four others. At the top I was able to accelerate and get a gap on the others. My time for the entire climb was one of the fastest this season.

Then I kept riding, and pumped out 5 hours and 80 miles total. With no races for me this weekend it was nice to get in some fun riding on the road bike.