Saturday, August 29, 2009

Sat. Ride

This is a special photo for me. It was the start of the last lap at the Suisun Criterium. The photo is a classic for me because I am right on the front and the other 3 riders along the front row with me have all won the BAR(Best All Around Rider) rankings for Northern California. The 3 riders I am surrounded by have all placed themselves as the best of their class, and there I was right in position among the very best in Northern California. The rest of the entire group is marking the leaders and the hierarchy is established. I was on the front and I was the one they were all marking. I need to continue to develop as my potential is beyond category....

I am racing on Sunday, so I waned to take it easy on the Saturday morning ride. However, I also wanted to climb with the lead group, so I did just that but did not do any attacks. I felt really solid on the climb and it whittled down to me and 3 of the best local riders. The pace was one of the fastest I have done up the entire climb. Yet I felt good and as if I could have attacked at any time. The other riders were on their limit and I felt I had something more to hit out with if I desired. But I am racing Sunday so I had to hold back and make sure I did not burn too many matches on the ride.