Monday, March 9, 2009

1st Place- TBF XC Series Final March 8 2009


After crashing extremely hard and ripping open a huge hole under my chin while leading race #2 of the TBF Series 2 weeks ago, it was very rewarding to bounce back and win race #3. I felt very strong on all of the hills and my heart rate seemed to be always over 180 beats per minute, yet I never seemed to feel as if I was going to completely blow up. My legs were pedaling smoothly and my breathing was controlled. Winning the final race allowed me to wrap up the TBF MTB Series title for the 3rd year in a row. Winning the TBF Series for 3 straight years is something special for myself. It shows my desire to race & my consistency on the TBF MTB race course they use in Folsom. The course is pretty demanding, and has some technical sections that test a riders handling skills. Plus, I always like to back up a race win with another race win, just to validate my performance.

Winning the TBF Series for 3 straight years is an achievement I am very proud of.