Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Working The Sea Otter Dual Slalom

One of my favorite parts of the Sea Otter Classic is working the microphone and interviewing the world's best gravity racers. Here I am mixing it up with World Cup Champion & the 2008 winner Greg Minnar and World Cup Champion Steve Peat. It seems all the Pro's are pretty cool to me and it is rad to watch them rip up my slalom course....
Me deep in the berm on my way to qualifying #1 on the blue course...
Berms and jumps make up the fun of my Slalom course. I just like to ride it again and again and again....

It was six hours of using my commercial sized Huskavarna weed eater today on the Sea Otter Classic Dual Slalom course. Just cutting down the grass and cleaning up the vegetation on the course to make it look sweet seems to take forever.

The berms are really coming into form, and they are simply giant! It is very hard work putting this course together for the world's best Dual Slalom racers. Yet, it is very rewarding for me when it is all finished and the package is complete. I can look up at my work admiring the symmetry of the turns and jumps built directly into the Laguna Seca raceway terrain. It is 'DeFiebre Hill".