Thursday, March 5, 2009

Wed. Workout

This was one of my favorite wins of the Tuesday night Road Race practice session, it was a super strong group and there was lots of talk of who was the best, and in the end I was the best............

I pumped out 2 hours 30 minutes on the Road bike tonight. I just kept the pace steady and enjoyed the terrific weather at hand. Next Tuesday is the start of the local Tuesday night Road Race practice. It is a group workout on a 4.25 mile circuit of closed roads I selected in Ft Ord. The course is a real challenge as there is a lot of wind and some very good roller sections that can test ones strength and stamina. Most of the top local racers get involved in this 5 lap practice race that starts at 6 p.m.

I have decided to try and get a few local cycle related businesses to kick in a little cash for a weekly $payout$ to who ever wins the 5 lap race. This will spice things up a bit, as well as give the winner some gas money to get to the next race they take part in.

Sometimes I do amaze myself by how much I set things up for everyone to race.....

All in all I am just keeping the dream alive for myself and for others, and that is a admirable way to live my life.
Check out this cool video of the DH race I put on this past Sunday in Toro Park near Monterey.
here's the link...