Thursday, March 12, 2009

Keeping Busy~

The Sea Otter Classic Dual Slalom- this photo says a lot, 2 riders battling side by side virtually even on course, in front of a large crowd, on a amazing course, at a huge cycling festival.....
The worlds best MTB racers go at it on my Slalom....

I have been keeping very bust lately. I started to build the Sea Otter Classic Dual Slalom. This is one of my favorite things to do! I love building big berms and jumps and being creative with the design of a Dual Slalom. It is a big project and takes up a large amount of my time. But it is very rewarding when I watch all the racers go off on it during the Sea Otter Classic.

Tuesday night was the first practice race I do with the local road group on the Ft Ord Circuit course. I had one team mate there, and I told him I will keep attacking to soften up the group and make the group chase me constantly. Then he can pimp the sprint. I kept my promise and kept attacking, and was in a 2 man break for about 5 miles. But the group chased us down, and after that they chased all of my attacks right away. Then my team mate took the sprint easy. It was nice to claim the first win of the practice races for my squad, and me and my team mate shared the first place money, which I was the one to put up for the win in the first place!!!

Then today I set up most of the course for CCCX XC #3. This course is very good, and has a lot of climbing and fun turns I have added. This is one of the best loops I have put together out there in Ft Ord over the years, and I know the riders will like it. However, I added some climbing sections, so hopefully people will not complain that it is too hard. Personally, I really like this race route. Now is the perfect time to ride in Ft Ord..... the grass is green along the trails, the dirt is smooth from recent rains, and it is just plain fun to rip and rail all of the turns.