Monday, March 23, 2009

CCCX DH #2 TORO PARK 3/22/09

Digging in near the finish line.....
1st Overall Single Speed Division.....
Hanging on during the drop in section of the course.....
I had over 200 DH racers come out to my CCCX event on Sunday. There were some seriously fast talent out on the course. Rain the night before the race made the track super sweet and traction was as good as it gets after a steady rain watered down the dirt perfectly.
I was stoked to win the Single Speed Division. This was my first win while wearing the GT Dirt Coalition jersey. I really liked the course and hit my run almost perfect.
I felt really lucky there was no rain on race day to bring down the fun atmosphere of the event. Rain makes for some interesting racing, but sunshine makes things a lot easier on everyone.

Next Sunday is the Toro XC race and I have picked out a classic route for the racers. The weather forecast looks really good and I think it will be one of the biggest turnouts for a XC race at Toro.