Sunday, April 12, 2009

The Calm Before The Storm

To celebrate Easter Sunday I rode my Road Bike for 3 hours 30 minutes, and climbed our best local climb. The climb is Robinson Canyon Rd. and it was an incredible day to ride. The sun was out in full force and the sky was blue, making for a sun screen mandatory type of day.


Yesterday I got a little loose on an off-camber corner during the downhill race in the Hardtail division. I had to do a balancing act on the bike just to keep the rubber side rolling in the proper direction. I must say that the Zaskar is awesome for descending and I hope to put it to good use for the Sea Otter Classic Super D race next Friday..... I put the podium for the CCCX DH race right in front of the GT Demo truck & trailer, this made for some great photo opportunities for all....

The tidal wave that is the Sea Otter Classic arrives this week here in Monterey. This means I face one of my most hectic weeks of the year. And it sure is fun!!!

I am really looking forward to all the racing action. It is also great to see many people who come back to the event each year. It is great to do some announcing for the slalom. And of course I will try and sneak in some racing myself at America's one of a kind cycling festival- The Sea Otter Classic.

My slalom course is just about complete. I will use the next few days to buff out the course and make it a pure joy for the best racers in the world.