Saturday, April 25, 2009

Saturday Afternoon Ride


After pumping out 50 miles on my road bike earlier in the day on the Saturday morning ride. I needed to shake my legs out and get some easy riding on the carbon Zaskar.

So this afternoon I went to Toro park where there is high mountains & lots of elevation in the terrain. I did 1 hour 30 minutes of climbing on the MTB. It is nice to do double sessions of riding when I have the time. I am using new shoes and pedals, so I just wanted to spin the legs and work on feeling comfortable when riding the GT. Some of the trails in Toro park are really steep. It was fun to keep stuck to the saddle when climbing to achieve proper traction and balance to climb trails that can only be mastered using the granny gear.

And of course the reward for climbing high mountains is letting go of the brakes on the descent!

Tomorrow I will be racing in a Criterium near San Francisco. There will be 100 racers in my group, so the action will be fast and furious for sure.