Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Super D Win At The Sea Otter Classic

Winning the Sea Otter Classic Super D race for the 2nd year in a row was very special. It was extra nice to have a very large crowd, including some of the GT Marketing management group, at the awards ceremony to celebrate the win with.....
The Sea Otter Classic is one of the most hotly contested races in America. I was so stoked to win the Super D on my carbon Zaskar, and then take the bike up on the awards podium to show everyone which make and model was the fastest bike on the day....
I even got to pose with Sparky the Sea Otter race mascot.... Fellow Dirt Coalition rider Dean Meyer was the perfect team mate in setting me up for a Super D victory in 2009. Meyer and myself worked out a plan for claiming the win, and then executed it perfectly on the matching carbon Zaskar bikes we were so fortunate to be riding. The bikes worked flawless, and so did our plan of attack. In the end I was able to win the race for the 2nd year in a row. Thanks to GT Bicycles for making the 2009 Sea Otter Classic so memorable.