Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Tuesday Night Circuit Race

This weekend I will take part in the CCCX XC & DH races at Toro Park in Monterey. The XC race will be very hard, & I just hope to ride better then my last XC race at Toro Park- where I was dropped from the lead group after 4 minutes of racing.....

It was a strong group tonight at the Ft Ord Circuit race. We do 5 laps on a 4 mile road circuit and the pace was very fast. Riders were dropped right away, and after 3 laps it was down to me and 5 other riders for the win.

On the last lap I did a huge flyer with about 1 mile to go in the race. It was on the hardest climbing section into the wind. I thought for sure I would be marked right away, but the group hesitated and my gap was very big by the top of the rolling hill. I think the high pace during the race tapped the other riders energy out, and no one could respond quickly to my attack. I dug extra deep into the wind and rode solo to the finish line to win the practice race for the 2nd week in a row. I was really stoked for this win and doing it solo from so far out was extra sweet. It was a amazing feeling to drop the other riders, who are all very strong, and go solo to the line. It is times like this that make all my training and dedication to the sport of cycling worthwhile.