Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Victory For The Boys....

I enjoy racing Cyclocross. I especially like to bunny-hop the boards, and use some of my jumping skills when the others have to get off and dismount.....

The Tuesday night Road workout went off again tonight and it was a beautiful day for going at it on the bike against the local teams. There was a steady wind in the long straight toward the finish and this made for interesting tactics in the group. Tonight my legs were working good, however on the first lap I did notice my heart rate jump a bit from the first attacks. Then I settled down and noticed I was pedaling a bit smoother then the other riders. So I kept launching attacks on the group up the climb portions of the Road Circuit. After 3 laps it was down to 8 guys and 3 of them were part of my CCCX group, all sporting the CCCX Series jersey. On lap four I went solo, had a gap, but it was too far to go alone so I sat up. Then on the final lap I shot off again, I know the other guys were ready for my attack but I did it anyways. I had a solid gap but I looked back and two of the guys from the other teams represented were pulling the rest up to me with everything they had. The problem for them is they were pulling up my boys in the CCCX jersey's. They caught me with about 600 yards to go to the finish. So my boys immediately launch a counter move, roll off the front and take it to the line for the win! It was perfect team tactics, and I was more then happy to set the others up with constant attacking. I felt really strong going up the hills, and it was nice to claim the cash pay out I put up for the workout and share it among my guys!!